It has been a while since I have posted… things are madness at the moment… marking and writing reports has taken over my life….!!
- On a lighter note, on Friday 5th November, I am receiving the Ministers Quality Teaching Award! After designing a portfolio that demonstrated my teaching practice and values, then having a day of classroom observations, the result was positive. I loved every minute of it and have concluded even more than teaching is who I am.
- Uni has finished for the semester, and I truly struggled with the outcomes of the core course. As a teacher, sometimes I over analyze the outcomes of an assessment task and end up hating it!
- My fabric arrived this week from Spoonflower! It is AMAZING!
My little Owl fabric is entered into the “Woodlands Creature” contest on the Spoonflower website… Please vote for me!
- Grabbed a few fun magazines from the Newsagency the other day that have some inspiring articles of artists that I haven’t come across before that explore some beautiful aesthetics and subject matters. I read the articles so sporaidically, it is like a special treat when I get time to sit down and relax. Reading about new, up and coming artists helps me keep my knowledge current that I can share with my students. I also get to see different approaches to materials and ideas that I would never have thought of.
- And last by not least, I got creative and messy with the Visual Design class this week… Teaching them how to screenprint… 30 kids at a time! Fun for me! (But also fun for them!)